August Home Maintenance To-Do List

Summer sun shining on house with white picket fence.

Late summer heat is upon us, so our August home maintenance chores focus on indoor tasks as well as some easy maintenance to keep your air conditioning system running right.

So crank up your AC, grab some scrub gloves, and get ready to spruce up the following often neglected areas of your home. Read on to find out more.

Next Page »

Comments

8 Comments on “August Home Maintenance To-Do List”

• Ann Says:
    August 2nd, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Pressure washed the outside of my air conditioner. Now some of the out side is closed up . How do I open up the grill on it.

August 2nd, 2015 at 12:45 pm

G. Brown,
    To respond to a post, leave a comment by filling out the comment boxes below each post like you just did. You can also click on the “Contact” tab or go to http://www.todayshomeowner.com/contact/ask/ and send us an email.

• G. Brown Says:
    August 2nd, 2015 at 11:51 am

How can one respond to the posts?

• Penn Says:
    August 1st, 2015 at 9:48 am

When cleaning the refrigerator coils, go the extra distance and clean the refrigerator fan as well. On my old model, it’s accessed at the back of the unit, at the bottom, and requires removal of a couple of screws. Those fans can become nearly clogged with dust, dirt, and pet hair over time. Cleaning them can really improve the performance of the refrigerator. Mine stopped switching on as often, which saved on the electric bill. MUST UNPLUG REFRIGERATOR BEFORE DOING COILS OR FAN!!!

• Lise Says:
    August 31st, 2014 at 10:00 am

I have cement stairs in the front of my house , they have been painted many many times now it needs new paint but I`m having a hard time to get all the old paint off do you have any idea how to get it all off ..thx

• JC Says:
    August 1st, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Question about ac unit indoors. I have removed old filter and replace with new. Notice coils are dirty with dust that is wet. What are some ways to clean the coil, and inside until.

• Holly S Says:
    August 1st, 2014 at 10:19 am

Great list! Thanks

• Karen Says:
    August 18th, 2013 at 8:29 am

What can I do to repair or replace the wood that has pulled apart from the right angles that frame our bay window? I have tried caulking, but the gaps seem to be too wide.