February Home Maintenance To-Do List

Using citrus cleaner to clean kitchen cabinets.

To-Do #3: Clean and Degrease Kitchen Cabinets

Keep on those rubber gloves for the next task on your February list! Even if you use an exhaust fan while cooking, over time kitchen cabinets get coated with a layer of grease from cooking. Then, dust gets caught in the grease, resulting in a layer of good old-fashioned grime.

Here’s an easy way to clean and degrease kitchen cabinets without using harsh chemicals:

1. Spray down the cabinets with citrus-based cleaner, and let it sit a few minutes to cut through the grease.
  2. Dampen a sponge and heat it in a microwave for 30-40 seconds.
  3. Wearing rubber gloves to keep from burning your hands, use the hot sponge to clean the cabinets.
  4. Use a dry towel to wipe off any remaining residue after you scrub.
  5. If the cabinets still appear a little grimy or hazy, spritz them lightly with citrus cleaner or a white vinegar solution, and wipe them clean with a fresh dry towel.

« Previous Page     Next Page »

Comments

8 Comments on “February Home Maintenance To-Do List”

• pilar hernandez Says:
    February 4th, 2015 at 2:30 pm

around how much would I spend to turn my patio into a living room half of the patio???? HELP

• Ann Says:
    February 2nd, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I used plastic wall anchors to put up a shelf in my kitchen. It required 2 anchors per metal brace and I used 3 braces. The top screw on each brace didn’t tighten. I put a washer between the brace and wall and put the screw through the washer. It still would not tighten. What should I do now? I would like to store some cookbooks on this shelf.

• Deb Hueholt-Hartman Says:
    February 1st, 2015 at 8:53 pm

My condo apt has a white like dust that forces me to dust frequently. Is this a duct problem or worse? They supply and change filters every couple months but doesn’t seem to solve the problem. If I buy a better quality filter will I sacrifice heat ability? My furnace is in the ceiling. The complex is less than 20 yrs old. Appreciate any advice you can give.

• Pat Temple Says:
    February 1st, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Marcia Matthews, you need to seek a plumber. Your main drIn is getting clogged

• Garry Harrison Says:
    February 1st, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Toilet spits and sputters when refilling, but not every time. Sometimes it fills normally with no hesitation. What should I try to fix this.It is a newer style filler, not the old style floating ball. Also the tile grout needs to be cleaned. I used a product from Fuller brush last time which worked real well but have not been able to find it again on their web site. What do you recommend?
    Thanks for your help.

• Marcia Matthews Says:
    February 1st, 2015 at 12:48 pm

When I’m using the shower, I hear the toilet bubbling up. Do I need to get a plumber involved, or is it air in the pipe.

• christine sipp Says:
    February 15th, 2014 at 10:25 am

on february 15,2014 you had a squirt bottle of stuff to clean your bathroom tile floor. what was the name of that stuff please. my apartment bathroom floor has white grout and it doesn’t come clean very well. thanks christine

• JUDY STAUDER Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 9:34 am

WE WOULD LIKE TO STAIN OR PAINT (EPOXY WAS RECOMMENDED) FOR OUR GARAGE FLOOR. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH YOU WOULD USE. WE WANTED TO GO WITH A DARK COLOR SO IT WOULDN’T SHOW DIRT AS BAD. WE WERE TOLD HOT TIRES WILL TAKE OFF REGULAR PAINT, SO WE THOUGHT SINCE WE ARE OLDER STAIN MIGHT BE EASIER. HOPE YOU CAN HELP.