How to Get Rid of Pantry Moths and Larvae in Your Kitchen

Pantry moths may look small, but they can cause big problems in your kitchen.

My pantry has been invaded by little worms and moths that appear to have come from a bag of bird seed. What are they, and what should I do?

It sounds like your pantry has been infested with Indian meal moths, also known as pantry moths. The tiny, nearly-invisible eggs come into your house in food packages, and they can hatch into larvae which later turn into moths that wreak havoc on your foodstuffs. Indian meal moth eggs are often present in:

• Bird seed
  • Cereals and grains
  • Flours and meals
  • Dried fruit
  • Pasta
  • Candy
  • Pet food
  • Dried herbs
  • Nuts
  • Powdered milk

How To Identify Pantry Moths

If you see any of the following, you could have Indian meal moths:

• Larvae in Food: Nothing’s creepier than pouring out some cereal and it starts to move! When the eggs hatch, the larvae will spin webs in the infested food. You’ll see the clumps of webbing and the little whitish worms. They start out really tiny but can grow to 2/3” long with black or brown heads. You may also see tiny cast-off skins after the worms have moved away.
  • Larvae in Home: Look for the larvae moving about or hanging from the walls, often near the ceiling. They’re looking for a nice dark crevice to pupate and turn into moths.
  • Cocoons: You may also see the webby cocoons on top of cabinets and in corners.
  • Flying Moths: You may find the small, half-inch long, brownish moths flying around your kitchen and pantry, usually around lights at night.

Pantry (Indian meal moth) larvae infest food and resemble small worms.

How to Control Pantry Moths

If you’ve spotted Indian meal moths in your pantry, you need to take the following action right away, since they can reproduce several times in a year and will invade the rest of your pantry:

• Eliminate Source: Find out which package brought in the infestation, wrap it tightly in a plastic bag and throw it away immediately.
  • Thorough Cleaning: Remove everything from your pantry, vacuum out crumbs (then replace vacuum cleaner bag), scrub the shelves, and put down fresh shelf liner.
  • Pantry moth traps.

• Pheromone Traps: Sticky traps, such as Safer Pantry Pest Traps, emit a scent that attracts male moths. While they won’t eliminate all of them, traps can help, and give you a way to monitor the infestation.
  • Treat Suspect Food: I’m inclined to trash anything that looks suspicious, but you can also treat foods by baking them in the oven for one hour at 140° F or higher, or popping food in the microwave on high for 5 minutes, or bagging food and putting it in the freezer for a week.
  • Avoid Sprays: Pesticides should not be used near food products.

How to Prevent Future Infestation of Pantry Moths

• Organize Pantry: Get rid of packaged food products that are past the expiration date.
  • Store Smart: Buy only small quantities of grain products, and store them in airtight, rigid, bug-proof containers (not plastic bags). This makes the occasional infestation a snap to clean up and prevents pantry disaster. Also, store large sacks of pet food and bird seed in airtight containers in the shed or garage rather than the kitchen.
  • Shop Smart: Buy only the quantities of grain products that you think you can use within a few weeks.
  • Refrigerate Food: Store seldom-used grain products in the fridge or freezer until needed.

Julie

56 Comments on “How to Get Rid of Pantry Moths and Larvae in Your Kitchen”

1. sarah G Says:
    September 16th, 2011 at 9:26 am

Thank you so much for this little article. I woke up one morning to find close to a hundred of those worms on my kitchen ceiling. There’s only one product that was different from my normal shopping and that was those bags of cereal you can get with the grocery store brand..I’m guessing it caused the problem. THanks so much!

2. Janet Parks Says:
    October 4th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Hi I have these tiny little dark moths that are the size of a grain of rice. They seem to be mostly in the bedrooms and are all over the windows. I haven’t seen any worms and there aren’t any in my food. They look different from the pantry moth so I am wondering if I buy some pheromone traps would that maybe get rid of them. They are just really annoying.
    Thanks Janet

3. Emily Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:14 am

I was fed up with my moth problem; I can’t use chemicals (nor would I want to) because of my pets, and simply cleaning wasn’t doing the trick at all, so I hunted and hunted for a solution.. What I found is a parasitic wasp called Trichogramma that is almost impossible to detect in your home (full-grown, they are about the size of a small grain of sand) which implants it’s larvae in the eggs of pantry moths (along with appx 200 other species of insect). They are quite inexpensive (I paid $12.50 USD for 15 thousand larval wasps) and have been used in agricultural applications for many years with great success. Adding these wasps to your other cleaning habits (I would suggest releasing them every other week for 2-3, even 6 months, just to be sure you haven’t missed a breeding cycle) works wonders, and when the food supply runs out (new moth eggs) they die. They do not infest if moths are not present. Please give them a try before introducing chemicals into your home. You won’t be sorry.

4. Eric Soden Says:
    August 9th, 2012 at 8:44 am

Hello Julie, I have Pantry moths that are not responding to the product “Safer” you suggested. I purchased 8 traps from Home Depot and put them in the pantry for over 10 days, only caught 2 moths…there must be 30 or more in the pantry. What other product can you suggest please? Every hardware and garden store in my area sells the Safer product.

Thanks so much,
    Eric

5. veronica garcia Says:
    September 13th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

i have this little moths in my kitchen now there everywhere!! even in my room and office HELP!!!!!!

6. Official Comment:

September 14th, 2012 at 8:25 am

Veronica,
    We had problems with pantry moths, too, that came in a bag of bird seed, and the sticky traps worked pretty at getting rid of the adult moths. I would give them a try, as well killing any adult moths you see before they can reproduce, removing or sealing any source of food, and following the other suggestions in the article above. Good luck!

7. Orlando Says:
    September 22nd, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Hi. My name is Orlando and i recently saw these white little worms. There has been moths for months. We recently cleared out the pantry but they are still there. Do you know anybody who can get rid of these creatures for good? If so can you see if it requires a lot of money? Thank you.

8. Ellen Says:
    November 11th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Emily, where does one buy the wasp larvae?

9. Anne Eich Says:
    December 4th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Where to buy the wasp larvae?

10. Ken Miller Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

My son found the moths in the pantry in a cookie package. Seems like a nightmare.

11. Monica Lopez Says:
    December 27th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I have been dealing with these bugs for several months! We keep our bird seed in the freezer, but it’s too late, they have taken over our kitchen. I bought an electric bug zapper that looks like a tennis racket and it becomes a sport killing them! It amazes me where I am finding them. I cleaned out the cabinets, but they continue to thrive. I found larva in a kleenex box, on a splenda packet and in a sealed unopened box of pasta salad. Not sure what to do next, it is getting ridiculous!

12. Audrey Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Make sure you check everything, not just foodstuff. The worms were in dry packets of herb mixes, toothpicks, packets of matches!!!! They were inside sealed jar lids, things that were never opened. My boyfriend was ready to strangle me for throwing out all his lazy suzan stuff when I showed him his toothpick box. LOL!!!!! I think our infestation had to do with remodeling the house next door…they stripped the walls there, so the little critters came to us! Gotta be vigilant on this one!!!

13. eydie barrientos Says:
    February 1st, 2013 at 7:13 pm

indian meal moths are no laughing matter. what people don’t consider is the fact that the larvae poop as they eat. this ‘poop’ will cause severe stomach cramping which can last for days if ingested. i believe that they are very dangerous and are a real cause of disease but no one has put 2 and 2 together. in flour if you see spiderweb like strings with flour sticking to them, stuck to the inside of the bag, THROW IT AWAY.

14. Official Comment:

February 2nd, 2013 at 9:31 am

Hi Eydie,
    Good advice. Thanks for the feedback!

15. nicole schooper Says:
    February 19th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

i had a weevil problem a while ago. I cleaned everything out and they went away for a while but they came back in a few weeks. I searched the web for solutions on how to get rid of them and came across a product called Weevil Away. They have these little adhesive sticky pads that have a natural/organic solution on them. They repel the weevils which sounded like a great idea to me. I’d rather repel them in the first place rather than wait for them to show up and then try to get rid of them. I stuck one in every one of my cupboards and hoped for the best. The smell is fantastic and it’s been almost a year and still no weevils. Love this stuff! It also claims to repel pantry moths and roaches. If it works as well with those as it does with the weevils then your problems will be solved.

16. Laura Says:
    February 28th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Just found these moths in my cupbords !!! tons of them I probably killed 30 or more I gor a plastic Garbage bag and throw everything away !!! Where the heck did they come from !!! they are everywhere. I have only lived in my apartment for about 6 month,. Is my landlord responsible for getting rid of these things ?

17. jean butler Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I was going crazy with these. I put up fly ribbens. I filled 2 so far. Think I got them under controll. Dont see as many now. Just hag them where no one will get stuck on them. I’m thing of opening one up and put it in an old bowl i dont need any more.

18. Amy Says:
    March 11th, 2013 at 4:13 pm

19. Amy Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

What I did to get rid of them was use bleach in all the cabinets throw away any cereal and toss out grainy food and it kept the little critters out of the kitchen.

20. Kelly Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 9:54 am

I need some serious help. For six months now I have battled the flying moths, using 6 traps because they were overflowing with moth things, finally I thought they had gone until today when I found little maggots everywhere. On the walls, the ceiling the cupboard everywhere. I cleaned the hell out of the my kitchen but they keep re appearing. What do I do? There is no food in the cupboards, I’ve bleached ive used traps and still they won’t go away. I’m considering moving house I’m that fed up with them!

Is there an exterminator you can call?

21. Monica Says:
    March 24th, 2013 at 10:07 am

We have birds and I’ve just given up on completely getting rid of them. I use the sticky traps with pheromones, but they fill up fast. The thing that helps with my frustration is my bug zapper that is shaped like a tennis racket. I just zap them flying around and check my ceiling often to zap the sleeping ones! It has become a sport in our house.

22. Official Comment:

March 25th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Hi Monica,
    Thanks for the feedback on getting rid of pantry moths!

23. Jan Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Hi all, just did the big clean out of the pantry at friends house. Grubs and moths everywhere friend could not understand where they could be coming from. I took out and checked every thing and ended up with a large garbage bag full of expired stuff, spices, gluten free stuff, cereal, jars previously used for storing found the cocoon lying in the rim of the jar. Wiped down all shelves and drawers with some cleaning agent after reading the comments today maybe I should have used the bleach. Anyway will watch and hope the problem is solved. I like this site very much .

24. Anita Says:
    June 21st, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I have been battling moths and the larvae worms with their cocoons. Today I took everything out of the cupboard. (only one seems to be were they are.) I throughout mostly everything. Some seem to be okay but I washed the outside of the package with soapy bleach water. One thing I notice that the holes use to put a peg for the shelf was use as a cocoon. There are many holes front and back of the cupboard. I use a toothpick to clean it out and sprayed it with Clorox cleaner that has bleach. Now I’ll wait to see if they come back.

25. Celine Says:
    June 28th, 2013 at 4:22 am

I just saw this white little worm hanging from a near-invisivle sring in my pantry. I also saw these little moths in my pantry (about 7 of them) the other day, thinking it was no big problem. I have just found out about them by your article, and I was looking for a safe way to rid them. I have pets and am not eager on chemicals. HELP PLEASE?

26. liz Says:
    July 18th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Wow Thanks everyone. We just started seeing these moths all over in our food cabinet. Took everything out threw a lot away some closed boxes had worms on bags in the sealed box. Should I just throw everything away? Have terminix coming out on monday but that is 4 days away an starting to worry that even if I opened boxes an looked than taped close the ones that I did not find anything may not be sure nothing is in there. Should I just throw it all away even canned items?? Please let me know what you think. Thank s

27. April Says:
    September 8th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

So i noticed this small brown moth flying around my livingroom(which is also my kitchen about 4 days ago. I thought it got in from outside. I killed it, no big deal. Then today i noticed a work crawling on the cealing above my sink. I killed it and didnt think anything of it. I didnt see any more. Avout a half hour later i went to make my daighter dinner and i found anothrone floating in the water on the pot on the stove. I dumped it out, cleaned the pot and started the water again. I looked up and fo und two more on the cealing that were not there before. I went back to the stove a half hour later and there was another one in the water. So i looked up and there were two more. I came online and found this site. Wow. The worms were near my cerial cupboard. So i opened it up and 3 more moths flew out. Ugh. I took out all ten boxes of cerial wether they were open or not, sealed them up and put them out in the dumpster. I went back and sprayed the cupboard with flying bug spray, and i am going to let it sit over night then clean it with cleach. That was in a cupboard next to the cealing. My question is, should i throw out the pasta that is on the other side of the kitchen in an under the counter cupboard as well? Even though there are not moths there?

28. terese Says:
    September 10th, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Uhh i just found them too! i think oats left by a tenant is the problem. THROWING ENTIRE CONTENTS OF PANTRY OUT.Had a lot of cramping issues, who knew they were even here!! would it help to leave the pantry empty for a few weeks?? I guess i should put the dog food in the garage. Please,please HELP! I’m grossed out.

29. jennifer Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 9:53 pm

YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I can’t say it enough I’ve never seen this before we just moved into this home one year ago and they have been driving me crazy for a year this will be my week end project thank you Jennifer

30. Official Comment:

September 18th, 2013 at 8:49 am

Hi Jennifer,
    Glad to hear our article on pantry moths was of help. It was prompted by an outbreak in my house, and the sticky traps seems to do the trick.
    Good luck!

31. Robin Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 2:15 am

I just came on line to find out what in the world these little creepy crawly things were, I thought they were maggots and I THREW A FIT!!!! I knew that there had been these little moths flying around and I knew that they had come from the bird seed that I had bought at walmart, because I noticed them flying around down that isle, but I had the seed in a airtight container. Well, I just threw the whole dam thing out the back door until I can get to it in the morning. I had never seen the worms, just the moths. They were every where! and I dont understand why I have not seen them before?? just the moths! PURE GROSS!!!!

32. Official Comment:

October 9th, 2013 at 7:59 am

Hi Robin,
    Thanks for the feedback. Our pantry moth problem came from a bag of birdseed purchased at Walmart, too, and I’ve since seen the moths in the birdseed aisle at our Walmart store.

33. Jeanie Says:
    October 15th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Oh my goodness! I started seeing tiny moths everywhere in my kitchen and every day there would be more. I noticed them for about 10 days but didn’t think too much of it because I figured they’d only be around for a week or two as we usually get an influx of this bug or that bug when the seasons change. I just thought they were getting in whenever the front door (located directly near the kitchen) was open for people to come and go. But after the first week I decided to research on line and I came across this page/article. OMG I immediately went into recon mode! I threw away ALL unrefrigerated food including unopened jars, and bleach scrubbed the entire kitchen. During my clean out, I came across a bag of foreign gourmet rice that someone gave me….it was FULL of moths and stringy streams of webbing, yuck! I also found the web like strings inside a bag of chia seeds. All in all it was exactly how y’all described…. cocoons, worms and moths hovering from walls, shelves and ceiling….SO weird! After I did an extreme cleaning with bleach water, I also did one coat of white Killz paint just for extra measures. I haven’t seen one moth since and that was 3 weeks ago. THANK YOU for such an awesome and informative page….the details you provide teach us everything we need to know about identifying the problem and eliminating it.

34. Official Comment:

October 16th, 2013 at 7:39 am

Hi Jeanie,
    Glad to hear that our article on pantry moths was helpful to you, they can be quite a pest!

35. Tiffany Says:
    November 12th, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I have not seen any moths or anything else until today. I found 1 larvea in my dogs treat container. I looked for more but so far that is the only thing I have found. Should I be worried about infestation.?

36. Jill Brookline Says:
    November 13th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

AAAAaaah, I just had the same mystery trip! I AM SO GLAD to Google this and find it! Fall is here in New England, saw a moth on wall – thought nothing of it – things come in sometimes when it gets cold. Then saw 2 little worms on cupboard, still … whatever, more stuff from outside. THEN I FREAKED OUT realizing there was an infestation! I had a bunch of mixed cereal in a large jar with a cover on the shelf .. but it has been there for a while or a bit (wouldn’t these things have shown themselves earlier?) – but had to be it. I was relieved to see that everyone else here has had the same experiences. Seeing a few fly type things, pieces start coming together, but if you’ve never had it before – you don’t know. THANKS for this article, everyone’s comments, very helpful!

37. Official Comment:

November 13th, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Hi Jill,
    Glad we could be of help. Good luck with the pantry moths!

38. Wendy Says:
    November 19th, 2013 at 10:56 am

I want to cry. Last year, I bought a rehab house. While packing up my old house, I got boxes from the grocery stores. Most of my boxes were packed in the garage and cellar while renovating. I stayed at my Mother’s for several months while the major renovations were going on. I brought a couple of boxes to her house. She had the moths, blamed it on me, I thought she was crazy. Now, a year later, my house is finally at the point where I could really start unpacking the boxes that were stored in garage and basement. I did a lot of unpacking 2 weeks ago, went on vacation for a week. Came back Saturday (had heat turned down). Sunday, found one worm hanging from my ceiling. Monday, found about 8. Today found another 8 or so crawling on ceiling. I have read many articles and want to cry because this doesn’t seem to be an easy task to get rid of these worms forever. Many wrote once you get them, it is something you will always have to worry about. I’m about to go to cabinets throw everything out, wash down cabinets, etc. I will buy some of the moth traps and put down basil leaves. My gut is they were in the boxes and when threw out any of the old boxes of food, the trash is still in my house UGGG!!!! If anyone has a better solution, please let me know. Anyone have success stories from hiring exterminators?

39. Official Comment:

November 19th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Hi Wendy,
    We through out everything that had worms in it (mainly a bag of birdseed in our case) and used the sticky traps mentioned in the article. It took a few weeks, but we were month free after that, so it might not be as bad as you think.
    Good luck!

40. Addie Says:
    November 23rd, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I am shaking. Twice we bought trail mix from Sprouts. The 1st time I saw a white larva in it and threw it out. I had thought it came from our house. We battled an unusually severe infestation of varied carpet beetles in our former home and recently found 4 of them in our new apt. I thought this was one of those, though it looked different. Today I had new trail mix which we’d taken straight from the store bag and put into a glass canister with a screw-on lid. I was eating it without my glasses on when I noticed a squirming larva in front of my face! This time I photographed it and it was definitely not a carpet beetle larva, but one of these. My search for info brought me here. Now I’m fearful and discouraged. We have the carpet beetles and now these. We are busy throwing away everything in our cupboards, which isn’t much. We already had a bit of borax in them to deter the beetle larvae but we are going to clean them out with bleach, then we’ll keep everything in the fridge and freezer. When the pest control man comes for the carpet beetles I’ll get his take on these too. I can’t go through this again. My husband is so allergic to the carpet beetle larval hairs that he was on steroids for months and we threw away most of our things. I thought we were starting over here. We are traumatized from that. I can’t go through it again. It sounds like these are not so easy to get rid of.

41. Pigbitin Mad Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I noticed one of these things the day before Thanksgiving. I hate moths, so even seeing one throws me into a DEFCON 5 sort of panic. Then I saw three more. I believe I found the source of the infestation which was a Tupperware containing two bags of rice (I always keep my rice in a Tupperware after discovering worms in a bag of rice once….fortunately threw it out in time). Somehow the moths got out and I saw about 4 of them in the cabinet where the rice was.

Anyway, I see no evidence that anything else got infested but I immediately bought Tupperware and zip lock bags for all edible items in other cabinets. I sprayed “Ground Zero” with a Clorox bleach spray and have seen no other cocoons anywhere else. I check everything every day for evidence of cocoons etc.

I bought this Panty Moth Spray which I am beginning to think is a rip since all the testimonials now appear to have been written by the person who makes the stuff. So far a trap has only caught one lousy moth but every day or two I manage to kill one. I am seeing them mostly outside the kitchen which is strange since I thought they needed food. If I keep them from eating will these EFFIN things die already.

My life is now 100% devoted to killing these things. At first I thought it would be doable but now I am beginning to wonder if I will be battling this plague for the rest of my life.

42. Caroline Says:
    February 12th, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Thank you for this post !! After reading through, I found the culprit in the birdfeed that was inside, by my patio door (which I recently moved and must have left a tad open). I am SO GLAD this was this simple… only saw a few moths in the last week, but was sooooooo scared because have had infestation at a previous house and had to empty all my cupboards and throw out everything… not a fun thing to do. Thanks again.

43. Official Comment:

February 12th, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Hi Caroline,
    Glad our post on pantry moths was of help!

44. April Says:
    February 12th, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I had an infestation in my cerial cupboard this summer.i didnt see any pnce i cleaned out the cupboard but in the last two seeks i killed 5 more. I have no clue where there coming from!!! Ive cleaned out everything!! Got rid of all my food and bought more and disinfected everything. I think thry were here before i moved in. There are microscopic holes in the corners of the walls. And i think they are in there. I wanna tear the walls out!!

45. Jessica Says:
    February 24th, 2014 at 8:01 pm

We’ve had a moth problem for the last few years. We go months without seeing them sometimes, then BAM another outbreak in the pantry. I’ve tried everything including the traps. I’m pulling my hair out. There must be something out there to keep these critters at bay!

46. Glenda Menger Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 8:15 am

I am in the process of trying to get rid of these pest. What about bags of onions and potatoes? How do you store those to keep the pest out? All our other foods we keep in sealable Zip Lock bags. I haven’t gotten to my spices yet. That is my job for today. Spent all day yesterday late into the night on my pantry. Should I also clean cabinets that contain dishes and glasses?
    Thank you.

47. April Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

The worst part of it is is that despite all of my precausions and steps i have taken to prevent this from keep this from happening i cant even find where they are coming from. Not where they are coming from where any of the caccoons are or anythinf!!

48. Glenn Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 7:46 am

Make sure to check the peg holes! I had the same problem as Anita. I cleaned everything only to find more larvae 3 weeks later. I noticed that some of the holes for pegs (so you can place the shelves at different heights – typical for IKEA stuff) looked like they had been punched properly. But what it was was the larvae who find the peg holes perfectly suited for their cocoon state. They hole up in the holes and seal it off. If you’re not looking for it, you won’t find it and they’ll be back.

49. Jeanie Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 9:58 am

Yes, everyone you must be VERY vigilant in finding ALL of their hideouts in order to eliminate them, they are sneaky and crafty little pests. Check every square inch of your infected area and check it at least 3 times, but I’d say check it more. Check it with natural light and check it with a flashlight etc. I had some cocoons that were spun flat under items, under matting, under dish drainer, under microwave, behind microwave, in the notched crevice of a lid on an unopened jar etc. Check under any shelf and drawer liner or matting, even if it looks like they can’t get under it- check anyway- they were under my adhesive shelf lining too. See my comment above from October 15th, 2013. GOOD LUCK!!!

50. April Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

The problem is i cant find ANY caccoons, larva or infested food anywhere in my apt. During the firstbeakout i did see larva and had fpund a cupboard of cerial that was infested, but gound larva crawling out of a small hole in my cealing near the cerial cupboard. The cealing above my cupboards is about 4 foot lower than the rest in my kitchen and i think they are coming from there. After i sprayed bug spray in there last time i saw no more larva but i still dont know what to do other than tearing my lighting down

51. Jeanie Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Hi April, I completely understand your frustration….they are a NIGHTMARE! Have you considered paying a small fee to have an exterminator come in, not necessarily to treat the home but to help you FIND or trace the pests? Or maybe a home inspector would have some prior experience or knowledge on where they could possibly be. I wouldn’t rule out the lighting fixture in the ceiling because where I found mine was in the most humid warmest area of my kitchen, including inside the back of the microwave. I don’t know if my info is useful to you but I’m trying to help because I know it’s impossible to eliminate them if you cant find all their hiding spots.

52. April Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Im on a very fixed income and its a very tight one. Im actually thinking of talking to my landlord because the problem started about 3 months after i moved in, and Im thinking that they may have been here before i moved i cant spray too much chemicals because I have a 3year old and i have bad lungs. Its to the point that i but food once a week and once its open, everything, including spices are being kept in the fridge. The moths are never near my cabinets. My kitchen is a great room, and i find them in the living room side of it only pretty much. Also in myy daughters toy room and the bedroom. Atleast 1 every two days. Sometimes az many as 2 a day. But NEVER ANY LARVA since the first time i noticed them.

53. Jessica Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my success so far. I heard about a product called “No more weevils” from a friend. She lives in New Zealand and have been using this all natural product for a few years and have been bug free ever since. So I bought a tin (it’s pretty cheap) and put it in my pantry that morning it arrived in the mail. By lunch time I didn’t see one moth. (It’s quite normal to see a few fluttering around) That was 4 months ago and haven’t seen one since. There’s no larvae, webbing or moths. I’ll check in again in a few months and let you know if it’s still working!!
    I think I finally beat these buggers! :)

54. April Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Where can you buy it?? Is it available online anywhere or at walmart?

55. April Says:
    April 4th, 2014 at 9:36 pm

We dont have many stores around here but we have walmart and lowes. I just find it weird that there are NO web, caccoons or larva anywhere. So I dont know where else to treat. There are only moths!!!! Im ready to tear my hair out. My daughter is afraid of bugs and freaks out massivly when she sees one. Almost hypervenalates.

56. Angela Says:
    April 5th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

My husband bought some birds seeds at a pet shop. I saw a moth in it which at that time didn’t know what it was. Next day saw about 4 flying around my bird cage. told him that came from the bird seeds but he continue buying the seeds. One morning I looked up at the ceiling and saw a worm ugh how discussed and afraid I am of those. There was a few inside my cereal box. ugh how I screamed my head off lol……I threw everything away in that cabinet,well not me but my son I wouldn’t even get close to them. Now im afraid to go inside my kitchen, I been starving. what should I do. im afraid I will find more.