- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Keep Sod Lawns Alive After PlantingBy: Julie Day
We’ve sodded our back yard four times now, and we can’t seem to keep our investment from turning into dirt. Can you offer any guidance about keeping sod alive? -Shawn
Sod lawns can be tricky – while you get this wonderful instant green lawn, it’s a fragile transplanted carpet that has to form roots fast before it withers! Here are some of the main killers of sod lawns, and some tips on how to keep yours going.
- Sod Installation: Sod installation is more difficult than it looks. The ground should be loosened and leveled, then sprinkled with fertilizer and moistened before laying the sod. Sod should be firmly tamped with a roller then immediately watered as it’s installed.
- How To Lay Sod on Bare Ground (video)
- How to Lay Sod and Plant Grass Seed in Your Yard (video)
- Laying Sod Over Existing Grass (article)
- Choosing Grass for Your Climate (article)
- How to Water Your Lawn (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2014 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)