- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Make a Small Room Feel LargerBy: Danny Lipford
I have a small room in my house that I would like to seem larger than it is. Any ideas? -Emily
There are a number of things you can do to make a small room feel larger than it really is. Try some or all of the following:
- Avoid busy wallpaper.
- Stay away from vivid or dark colored paint.
- Paint walls a light, pastel color.
- Add more natural and artificial light.
- Take down heavy drapes and leave the windows uncovered.
- Install mirrors on the wall.
- If tiling the floor, lay tile diagonally.
- Reduce the amount of clutter and furniture in the room.
Good luck with your project,
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2015 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)