- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Prevent Pipes from Freezing and Thaw Frozen PipesBy: Danny Lipford
Winter has arrived, and that means bundling up to try to keep warm. You might not realize it, but the pipes on your house need protection from the cold as well if the mercury drops down into the 20s F.
Here are some tips on how to prevent your pipes from freezing and some tips on how to thaw them out safely if they do.
How to Keep Pipes from Freezing
- Check for Leaks: Once the weather has warmed up, turn off any dripping faucets as well as the icemaker, then monitor the water meter for any unseen leaks.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
- Check for Leaks: After pipes have thawed, turn off all water to faucets and the icemaker, and monitor the water meter for any unseen leaks.
- Winterizing Your Home (article)
- How to Winterize Your Home (article)
- How to Protect Your Home During Extreme Cold Weather (article)
Please Leave a Comment
12 Comments on “How to Prevent Pipes from Freezing and Thaw Frozen Pipes”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2014 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)