- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Repair a Hole in a Textured Popcorn CeilingBy: Danny Lipford
We recently painted our textured popcorn ceiling but forgot to remove a hook for a hanging plant. How can I remove it and repair the hole without having to repaint the entire ceiling? -Sonia
Patching a spot on a textured popcorn ceiling is not as difficult as you might imagine. Here’s how to go about it:
- Remove the hook from the ceiling and fill the hole with drywall joint compound.
- Once the joint compound has dried, apply popcorn ceiling repair spray (available to home centers) to the spot to match the existing ceiling texture.
- After the repair spray is dry, dab a coat of your ceiling paint on the spot.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Repair Small Holes in Drywall (article)
- How to Repair Damaged Drywall (video)
- How to Repair Cracks in a Drywall Ceiling (article)
Please Leave a Comment
5 Comments on “How to Repair a Hole in a Textured Popcorn Ceiling”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.