- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Solve Moisture Problems Under Your HomeBy: Danny Lipford
We live in an older home that is raised a couple of feet off the ground with a crawlspace under it. In the past few years, the hardwood flooring in several rooms has started to warp and cup. What could be the problem?-Mary
It sounds like you may have excessive moisture and humidity in the crawlspace under your home. Here’s what you can do to correct it:
- For extreme moisture problems, consider taping the seams in the plastic together, block the outside vents, and install a dehumidifier in the crawlspace to remove excess moisture from the air.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Stop Condensation in a Crawl Space (article)
- How to Keep Wood Floors from Buckling and Cupping (article)
- How to Reduce Mold and Moisture Under Your Home (video)
- How to Insulate a Crawl Space Under Your Home (article)
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “How to Solve Moisture Problems Under Your Home”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.