- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
Problems with Epoxy Garage Floor Coating PeelingBy: Julie Day
I applied an epoxy coating to my garage floor several months ago, and it’s already peeling! I followed the package instructions carefully – what happened?
If your garage floor is peeling so soon after application, the concrete slab must not have bonded well with the epoxy coating. Even if you followed package instructions to the letter, there could still be problems caused by:
- Bad Material: DIY epoxy kits have mixed reviews, with the one-part kits failing more frequently than kits which require mixing two parts together. Make sure to buy a product that has received positive reviews and has a high success rate.
- How to Seal a Garage Floor (Video)
- Applying Epoxy Coating to a Garage Floor (video)
- How to Deal with Condensation on a Garage Floor (article)
Please Leave a Comment
3 Comments on “Problems with Epoxy Garage Floor Coating Peeling”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
- Today's Homeowner Partners: