Carbon Monoxide Detector

By: Danny Lipford
Play | Download (Right Click, Save As...)


You may never see the greatest threat to your health inside your home. That’s because carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas who’s effects can be very, very lethal.

In fact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says that every year more than a hundred people die from unintentional exposure to carbon monoxide.

The gas is produced by all fuel burning appliances, so it’s important that furnaces, water heaters, and ranges be well maintained and properly vented to ensure your family’s safety.

Even if you don’t have gas appliances, carbon monoxide can move into your home from a basement or attached garage. So don’t let your car idle in these spaces or use grills or generators there either.

Finally, protect yourself by installing a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home.

Print


Comments

Please Leave a Comment

We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.