Homefront Radio Show for January 15, 2011: Winter Home Safety Tips
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the January 15, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Edie Kello, director of marketing with Fiberon, joins us with some new products and colors to enhance the virtual maintenance free aspect of your home.
An update on The Kuppersmith Project’s new paint job with Danny and CertaPro franchise owner, Steve Carey.
Danny and Allen list some important Winter Home Safety Tips, including the use of space heaters, fireplaces, carbon monoxide detectors, and preparing for power outages.
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
This week’s lucky listener will win the Black & Decker Ready Wrench.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to melt ice at gutters that’s dripping onto concrete steps.
- Priming OSB (oriented strand board).
- Spray foam insulation for a basement and crawlspace.
- How to paint over thick varnished paneling.
- Adding ceiling texture to paint.
- What to do about stair treads splitting.
- Installing laminate flooring over an uneven surface.
- Rust build-up in a toilet tank.
- Comparing double and triple paned windows.
- Installing insulation in existing exterior walls.