Homefront Radio Show for April 9, 2011
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the April 9, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Paige Muhlenkamp with Schlage talked about their LiNK system that lets you monitor your home from anywhere in the world!
Jake Thomas with Generac discussed the benefits of a stand-by generator using the Nexus Smart Switch™.
Danny and Allen quizzed Amy about the different flag and paint colors used by utility companies to mark lines. Find out more at Call Before You Dig.
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
This week’s lucky listener will win an outdoor combo pack featuring Black & Decker’s new PlantSmart Digital Plant Care Sensor and the new Greenview with GreenSmart Enhanced Efficiency fertilizer.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to Repair loose seams in wallpaper. (see answer)
- Problems with blue/green water stains in tubs and sinks.
- Safety precautions to take when working around insulation.
- What to know about priming walls before painting. (see answer)
- Dealing with rough walls surfaces when painting.
- Pros and cons of closed vs. open cell foam insulation.
- How to clean the screens on a screened porch.
- Solid granite countertops vs. engineered stone veneer.
- Using a refrigerator water line for a washing machine.
- How to get enough heat to a cold room in a house.