Homefront Radio Show for July 2, 2011
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the July 2, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Rick Abel with JELD-WEN Windows & Doors talked about their latest line made from reclaimed lumber. Beautiful doors and windows with an emphasis on green!
- HGTV’s Mike Holmes dropped by to talk about his new book, Make It Right: Expert Advice on Home Renovations.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
Faith in Missouri Asked: I’d like to put a walkway in my yard from the back porch to our garden. I’m looking for something more attractive than a concrete sidewalk, but we’re on a fixed budget. Do you have any suggestions?
Danny’s Answer: Pavers would look really nice, but there’s a lot of prep work involved, and the better looking pavers can pinch your pocketbook. I would go with concrete, but use the WalkMaker from QUIKRETE. This is a form that you use to create a very unique and visually-appealing walkway from concrete. The WalkMaker is a great do-it-yourself project, so you can save a lot of money on labor.
Watch a video on the WalkMaker and get full instructions at QUIKRETE AT HOME. You can also see how I made a WalkMaker path at How to Pour a Concrete Walkway in Your Yard.
Other questions answered on this week’s show:
- How to clean stone around a fireplace. (see answer)
- Whether to put a vapor barrier on top of attic insulation. (see answer)
- Preventing mold on bathroom shower or tub caulk. (see answer)
- Adding soffit vents to the eaves in an attic. (see answer)
- Cleaning air conditioner drain lines. (see answer)
- How to repair a leaking single handle tub faucet. (see answer)
- Applying brick pavers to a concrete slab in a cold climate. (see answer)
- Wait time after pouring before staining a concrete slab. (see answer)
- How to prevent damage to plants when cleaning a deck.