Homefront Radio Show for July 23, 2011
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the July 23, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Tammy Sanders with Fiberon talks about maintenance issues to consider for composite decking.
- Brad Rodgers, the homeowner featured repairing his concrete steps on a recent episode of Today’s Homeowner, talked about the simplicity of using Quikrete Resurfacer.
- In “Gadgets & Gizmos Galore,” we talked about the innovative product, The Right Brush, and developer Mark Wholey explained its benefits.
- Chelsea Lipford, Danny’s oldest daughter and a first-time homeowner, discussed her new home and the new challenges she faces.
- Allen took to the streets again with a special edition of the Generation Grab Bag and found out what kids would like to see in their ultimate clubhouse!
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
This week some lucky listener will win the Quikrete Guide to Concrete book to help with concrete repairs and projects around your home.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Water leaking from an AC condensation drain line.
- Using a debris filter vs. gutter guard on your gutters.
- How to clean vinyl soffit and calculate vent area. (see answer)
- Refinishing a textured laminate countertop. (see answer)
- How to insulate a crawlspace on a budget. (see answer)
- Keeping squirrels from damaging your home. (see answer)