Homefront Radio Show for October 15, 2011
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the October 15, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the Pinnacle 24” T-Square from Woodcraft.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
This week’s topics of discussion included:
- Putting in a radiant floor system, and capping it with concrete.
- Using wood putty to fill a botched job on a door jamb.
- The reason to cut score lines on a patio slab.
- Using landscape blocks to create a drop-in grill enclosure.
- A peculiar viewpoint about toilet tank suction!
- How to cover stains on ceilings. (see answer)
- Deck stain that is still tacky after several months.
- Recoating an asphalt driveway. (see answer)
- Spackle vs. joint compound. (see answer)
- Is a garage foundation adequate to support a second floor.
- How to work on a chimney with a steep roof safely.
- Painting over wallpaper. (see answer)
- How to paint a kitchen stove.
- Removing bathroom wall tile from a shower. (see answer)
- Cure time for a concrete slab before painting or staining. (see answer)
- Repairing a water damaged subfloor in a bathroom.
Be sure to listen to each hour for all the answers!