Homefront Radio Show for February 18, 2012
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the February 18, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Tim O’Connor with Sterling Plumbing talked about the Vikrell bath fixtures from the floor of the International Builders’ Show.
Danny and Amy offered some healthy kitchen sterilizing tips for your home.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Tiling over a plastic laminate backsplash. (see answer)
- How to remove hardened grout from a tub.
- Rumbling noise in tankless hot water heater. (see answer)
- How high an insulation R-value do you need. (see answer)
- Whether to insulate the floor under a crawlspace.
- How to repair a scratch in a polyurethane finish.
- Acid staining sealed, colored concrete.
- Tiling over a split brick floor.
- How to repair cracked solid surface material.
- Removing painted wallpaper in a bathroom.
- Tiling over a subfloor in a cabin without heat.
- Redoing countertops and cabinets in a kitchen.
- How to remove caulking between wall and backsplash.
- Cleaning a bathroom vent pipe to reduce odors.
- How to update a room with paneled walls.
- Whether to use old primer that has been outside.
- How to clean wood kitchen cabinets. (see answer)
- Removing foam-backed carpet stuck to a subfloor.