Homefront Radio Show for April 7, 2012
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the April 7, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- From HGTV, contractor and host Mike Holmes talked about his new book, The Holmes Inspection.
- Todd Langston, with Stanley-Bostitch, dropped by with some new tool info for homeowners and DIYers.
- Author and gardener Joel Karsten talked about his book Straw Bale Gardening, which works without dirt or weeds and requires little effort.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the newest book from HGTV’s Mike Holmes, The Holmes Inspection.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to install laminate flooring over linoleum.
- Where to install a bathroom vent fan. (see answer)
- How to paint over simulated wood grain cabinets.
- Shower tile grout problem due to movement in floor.
- How to remove tape residue from floors.
- Using underlayment when installing composite flooring.
- How to remove grease from kitchen cabinets and stove vent hood.
- Using a floor rejuvenator on a hardwood floor.
- How to safely clean a stone chimney inside a house.
- Coloring mulch in planting beds with dye. (see answer)
- How to refinish a porcelain bathtub.
- Problem with moisture between double pane glass. (see answer)
- How to paint over wallpaper. (see answer)
- What type of stain to use on a pressure treated deck.
- How to glue carpet to metal.
- Whether to install hardwood flooring or drywall first.
- How to clean and restore a flagstone porch floor.
- Installing a toilet when the floor is higher than flange.