Homefront Radio Show for September 8, 2012
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the September 8, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Jodi Marks shared some easy weekend projects to organize your closet and garage.
Danny and Allen discussed preparation tips for a concrete patio or wood deck to last through the coming cold weather.
Allen’s Cool Tip
You can use vinegar as a wood stain by adding metal to the mix! Pour some vinegar into a glass jar and then add a handful of pennies to create a pale Caribbean blue stain. Steel wool makes a red stain, and any metal object and tea will make an ebony color.
Let the vinegar sit for a full week before using it as stain on wood.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to treat end grain on wood decks to prevent rotting.
- Problem when applying polyurethane finish over paint.
- How to fill a hole from a wood stove pipe in a basement wall.
- Preventing seedlings from sprouting under an oak tree.
- How to keep heat from coming though sunny windows. (see answer)
- Adding plantings and a bench outside under a window.
- How to repair leaking roof flashing around a chimney.
- Do painted hardwood floors reduce a home’s value.
- What gloss paint is best to use on wood shutters.
- How to prevent drafts around French doors.
- Is a ceiling fan in a garage beneficial.
- How to hang a heavy picture on a wall without help.
- Will knots show through painted pine kitchen cabinets.
- How to remove laminate flooring under kitchen cabinets.
- Problem with runoff from an air conditioner drain. (see answer)
- Painting laminate walls in a manufactured home.
- How to attach hangers to the back of picture frames.
- Using pressure treated lumber to construct a compost bin.