Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the September 7, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer and enthusiast, Julie Day-Jones talked about dividing and dispersing plants.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to remove a painted textured popcorn ceiling.
- Problem with smelly well water in bathroom but not in kitchen.
- How to transition different tile floor heights between rooms.
- What is dry-stacking when building a retaining wall.
- How to reduce polyurethane gloss on fiberglass doors.
- Problem with hardwood floor in basement buckling.
- How to remove mold from paneling on basement walls.
- Best type tile to use over existing ceramic tile in bathroom.
- Problem with painted wood trim peeling on porch.
- How to remove paint drops from a brick fireplace hearth.
- Problem with running off curb on narrow driveway.
- How to access inaccessible kitchen cabinets.
- Painting kitchen cabinet countertops different colors.
- How to replace a broken insulated glass window.
- Problem with black mold in toilet bowl.
- How to level high and low spots in a yard.
- Water level in toilet too low after replacing flush mechanism.
- Problem with granite stains in bathroom from hard water.
- Which is better under tile, cement backer board or membrane.
- How to repair a concrete driveway damaged by salt.
- Problem with vapor barrier on insulation facing the wrong way.
- How to remove mold between blocks on a patio.