Today’s Homeowner Radio Show for November 2, 2013
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the November 2, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer and enthusiast Julie Day-Jones talked about composting.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Whether or not to close foundation vents during cold weather.
- How to install laminate flooring on top of an enclosed wood deck.
- Bathtub faucet making whistling noise when water is running.
- How to attach a cable TV to siding on the outside of a house.
- Removing smoke stains from a stone fireplace surround.
- How to vent an existing over stove microwave to the outside.
- What to do about garage door opener that opens neighbor’s garage.
- How to add storage space on top of attic insulation.
- Using a plastic vapor barrier with floor insulation under house.
- How to attach a faux beam to a vaulted ceiling.
- Whether to add more attic insulation over existing cellulose insulation.
- How to add a screen door to a two track sliding glass door.
- Whether to thin exterior, oil-based primer for better penetration.
- How to clean dull hardwood floors to bring back the shine.
- What to use to coat the top of a pressure treated post.
- How to make an old white bathtub look like new.
- Problem with mildew stains on a bathroom ceiling.
- Replacing a wood burning fireplace with a gas model.
- How hard is it to replace an old thermostat with a digital one.
- Keeping insects off of a vinyl covered porch.
- What is a “rat sill” and how do you replace rotten ones.
- Whether to use a garbage disposal with a septic tank.
- Replacing a kitchen sink with a larger, deeper model.