Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Advantages of a Soaker Hose in Your Garden
Soaker hoses are easy to install and use in your garden and have several advantages over sprinklers or irrigation systems. They release water very slowly, allowing the water to soak deeply into the soil.Watch this video to find out more. ...More
Advantages of a Soaker Hose in Your GardenBy: Danny Lipford
Soaker hoses are easy to install and use in your garden and have several advantages over sprinklers or irrigation systems:
- Soaker hoses release water very slowly, allowing the water to soak deeply into the soil.
- Soaker hoses don’t wet the leaves of plants which can cause problems in some species.
- Soaker hoses can be hidden from site beneath the mulch in your garden, making them very unobtrusive.
- Soaker hoses can be hooked up to a garden timer that will turn the hose on and off as needed.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Drip Irrigation Conserves Water (video)
- Water Saving Gadgets for Your Lawn or Garden (article)
- Tips for Conserving Water in Your Lawn or Garden (video)
- How to Repair a Broken Garden Hose (article)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.