Videos

Corte-Clean Composite Deck Cleaner

While composite decking is virtually maintenance free, it does require some cleaning from time to time. Corte-Clean is formulated specifically for composite decking. When combined with warm water, it breaks down mold, mildew, dirt, pollen and even barbecue stains.

This cleaner works without bleach or other harmful chemicals that harm your lawn. For more information, or to purchase Corte-Clean, visit www.compositedeckcleaner.com

Comments

22 Comments on “Corte-Clean Composite Deck Cleaner”

• pat Says:
    February 4th, 2015 at 9:54 am

How to clean dog smell from fiberglass porch

June 9th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Hi Karen,
    The old website for Corte-Clean appears to no longer be working, so I updated it in the article above. You might also try other home centers in your area, national home center websites, or do an online search for a dealer near you.
    Hope that helps,
    Ben

• Karen Says:
    June 9th, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Where can I find this product? Our local ACE Hdwe didn’t carry it.

• Bruce Wade Says:
    May 27th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Your Ad told me what is not in Corte clean. I want to know what IS in Corte clean BEFORE I purchase and apply to my deck. I have only minor problem and do not want a BIG one. the discoloration is mostly quarter sized oval spots with the long axis being lengthwise.

• Brittany Says:
    June 18th, 2010 at 9:04 am

Hi Karla,

I know you are looking for peer opinions but I am a representative of Trex and would like to answer your question. As we generally recommend Corte-Clean for cleaning mold and mildew, I have included some steps for cleaning grease stains below, along with additional recommendations:

– Wipe up and rinse off.

– Use Pour’n Restore.
    NOTE: PLEASE TEST IN A SMALL AREA FIRST AS THIS CAN REMOVE
    SOME OF THE COLORANT FROM THE DECKING. IN MOST CASES, THIS
    LIGHTER SPOT WILL WEATHER OUT OVER TIME.

– Other Poultice products designed to remove oil stains from concrete.
    – These products are left on the stain to dry and then be cleaned off.

– Some of these cleaners may lighten the treated area of the deck. This lightened area will fade over the next several weeks of weathering.
    I can be reached at question@trex.com or 800-BUY-TREX for any additional questions.
    Brittany
    Trex

• Karla Says:
    June 16th, 2010 at 11:02 am

I have a Trex deck and a storm knocked over our grill and the grease pan splattered all over the deck. It is very badly stained with grease. Will this product work to remove the stains?

• Mark Says:
    May 29th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I have had a Trex Deck Saddle Color for many years and have cleaned it many times. Yes when you clean it it lightens but in time goes back to it’s pretty much natural color. The only products that I have used successfully to clean it have the base of Hypo Chlorite. Nothing else works. I have not used Corte-Clean so that may work as well…what is the active ingredient in the product? If it less harmful then the Sodium Hypochlorite it may be worth the effort

• Angie Says:
    May 22nd, 2010 at 6:24 am

I used Corte-Clean on my new Trex Saddle accents deck. I agree w/Chuck from statement above. It faded the deck FAR too quickly and I am now looking for something to restore the color. I sell composite decks, so I do not think I will advise customers to use this cleaner.

• Chuck Says:
    April 5th, 2010 at 9:13 am

I tried corte-clean and not happy from the results. It lighten the deck up way too much. It used to be wood tone but not anymore. I never used bleach because I was afraid it would light the deck, so I decide to try the corte-clean. For the cost and having the result of a lighten deck I will try bleach next time. Plus I had to scrub a bunch to remove the mold.

• Larry Bragg Says:
    April 3rd, 2010 at 10:21 pm

You might try rubbing compound on the windows. This is the only way I’ve found to remove etching on glass when bleach has contacted it. It takes a bit of work but the windows look great. The rubbing compound I’ve used was purchased at the auto parts store.

I hope this is helpful

• Bill Long Says:
    June 1st, 2009 at 9:44 am

Last week I used Corte Clean on my Timbertech deck and followed the instructions. The deck came out pretty good.
    Only problem, I was using a pump sprayer to apply the cleaner and the hose blew on the sprayer. Raw cleaner spilled on my glass windows and awning. I have been unable to remove the white spotting/streaks. I should of cleaned it up immediately but I had other things to attend to (like stopping the stream from the sprayer). I tried using Windex and then Vinegar but have been unable to remove the stains.
    Any ideas to remove the white spotting/streaking?
    Thanks in advance.

• DENNIS NINOW Says:
    May 10th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I have read your articles and testimonials with great interest and am interested in your product. I do have a question that was not addressed in your FAQ’s section on your web site.
    The question that I have concerns dog urine stains. I have used deck cleaning solution along with manually scrubbing the stains with a scrub brush to no avail. I am wondering if your Corte Cleaning solution will take care of these stains. Please advise me on this question.

• JoAnn Westerman Says:
    December 10th, 2008 at 11:31 am

I just had a Trek deck installed and shortly after installation of it and after I had a complete backyard redo, I got black marks (mold) on my deck. The deck installer used Corte Clean to remove the mold, but in the process, it lighten the deck considerably. Any way to enhance the color again?

• Greg Says:
    May 30th, 2008 at 8:23 pm

RE: RUDY & mimi

We are working on it.

RE: KATIE

See our web site for retail locations. Any retailer can sell Corte Clean if they choose to or you can order it from our web site @ http://www.corteclean.com

Call me if you have any questions.

Greg
    Corte LLC
    (415) 925-9500

• Katie Says:
    May 25th, 2008 at 10:27 pm

I want to use corte-clean on our Trex deck. Can you tell me if there is a store nearby to purchase it? I live in Michigan.

• mimi ladendecker Says:
    May 7th, 2008 at 9:12 pm

is there anything that will restore the color that was lightened using a bleach based product? Our color is Madeira.
    Or is there anything that will slow down the mold regrowth?
    Thanks

• Greg Says:
    April 1st, 2008 at 8:57 pm

RE: rudy

Not that we are aware of.

• rudy Says:
    February 24th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

is there a product out there that not only cleans composit decking ,but also brighten or enhance the color. kind of the wet look.
    thanks

• Greg Says:
    February 18th, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Joseph,

As much as I would like to sell you Corte Clean, it is intenede for cleaning composites such as Trex, TimberTech, Correct Deck, etc.

• Joseph Says:
    February 15th, 2008 at 11:00 pm

My deck is pressure treated with NO stain. Every spring I must power wash my deck in order to show the natural grain in the wood. The sun bleaches the wood to a gray finish and the power washer brings the wood back as if it were new. Will Corte-Clean Composite Deck Cleaner give me the same results as if I had power washed? PLease advise.

Thank you!
    Joe

• “Corte-Clean Composite Deck Cleaner” Says:
    January 27th, 2008 at 11:24 am

just wondering if this product works on trex decking. i fould the only thing that works is a bleach based product.

If yes, where is your product sold. I live in Ontario,Canada

Thanks

• Greg Says:
    January 15th, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Corte Clean Eco Friendly Composite Deck, Dock & Fence Cleaner safely resolves all common staining issues such as mold, mildew, grease, rust, tannin stains, etc. from composite brands such as Trex, TimberTech, Correct Deck, etc.

If Corte Clean won’t get your composite clean, it’s likely nothing will! We guarantee it.

If any person has any questions, please contact me directly.

Greg