Cutting large sheet goods, like plywood, doesn’t have to be difficult if you use the right approach. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start by supporting the sheet well. You can use a large table without damaging it if you elevate the sheet above it with blocks of wood (2x4s work great).
- Space the 2×4 blocks so that both sides of your cut are supported, and be sure the depth of your saw blade is set shallow enough not to cut the table below.
- Clamp a straight edge to the sheet to guide your saw.
- Set the saw at the cut line and mark on the sheet along the edge of the shoe.
- Transfer this measurement to the other end of the line, and clamp your straight edge along these two marks.
- Then all you have to do is guide the saw along the straight edge to make your cut.
Please Leave a Comment
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.