Best New Products

Defiant Motion Activated LED Security Light

By: Jodi Marks

Box containing Defiant motion activated LED security light.

The Defiant outdoor security light is an energy efficient way to light up your yard to deter intruders and provide illumination for outside activities.

Defiant security light features include:

• Three long lasting, energy efficient LED lights.
  • Provides 270° of illumination when mounted on a corner.
  • Lights are motion sensitive up to 70’ away.

Defiant Motion Security LED Lights are available at The Home Depot. Watch this video to find out more.

Print   Video Transcript

Jodi Marks: Well, over here in the lighting department, you can see there’s no shortage of choices when you’re trying to find a motion security light for your home. And there are many different features, just depending upon what you’re looking for; but I want to highlight this one in particular, because I think it’s really good.

This is by Defiant. And this particular light is set apart from the other ones. Because look right here, you can already see it has three lights on it.

Another thing that sets it apart is that it’s got the LED technology. What does that mean for you? It’s going to last longer, it’s going to save you money, and it’s a lot more of an intense light when it comes on.

Now, this has a full range of 270 degrees of light and motion detection. And, speaking of motion detection, this can detect up to 70 feet away.

So, all of these features, combined in this one little package, is perfect for your home security.

6 Comments on “Defiant Motion Activated LED Security Light”

• Lawrence Donald Says:
    October 24th, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I have a defiant LSD motion security light, it is mounted under the eave beside the door, about 9 or 10 feet above the street, will light up for cars on the street but not for cars parking in front of the house, or walking up the walk.

• John Smith Says:
    September 29th, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Love the bright light.
    Down side is there is no adjust on the detection sensitivity. Because of the 180 degree of detection, on windy days, the movement of my neighbor’s tree would turn the light on repeatedly.
    POOR design for an expensive item.

• Lillie Dyar Says:
    August 24th, 2016 at 3:56 pm

We love the fact that It gives out the necessary light that we need. The down side is, the bugs they attract. I almost want to take them down because the bugs are so bad. I would welcome any remedy that anyone would offer.

• Jason Says:
    May 15th, 2016 at 10:43 am

I agree with the first review. I have had 2. Both of them have stopped working due to water intrusion. I thought it was my fault on the first one for not sealing the base well enough. There was water inside the led housing. I’m assuming it shorted out the lights. On the second install, I sealed the base extremely well. When I pulled it down to investigate why it was not working again, I noticed the motion sensor full of water.

This light is mounted under an eave in a typical location. Neither light lasted 90 days. Granted, there were a couple of heavy rains, but this unit is NOT damp proof. It appears that if any sort of rain hit it, it will fail. The light itself is fantastic, but it simply is not durable. Do not mount this in a location where it can get wet. I would only consider this light if it can be mounted in a dry location.

• Pat Says:
    September 14th, 2014 at 12:59 am

I’m on my third set, they work when they feel like it. sometimes they stay on all day. Then other times they trigger at night for no reason. Then if it rains forget them working at all. Home Depot thinks I’m nuts, like I said I have returned them three different times for new ones and after a couple days they act the same as the ones I returned. I would like to know who manufacture these.

• Dana Says:
    June 6th, 2014 at 9:02 am

These Defiant lights do not work. I had them installed and the motion sensor doesn’t work 70 feet away. They only come on or blink red (daytime) when you are directly under them. I gave up on the motion sensor and just turned the lights on at night only to have the shut off during the night. DO not buy these. These are awful lights!!!

We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at