904 How To Videos
How to Build a Backyard Arbor SwingBy: Danny Lipford
This garden arbor with swing is made from pressure treated lumber and fastened with galvanized nails. Here’s how to build an arbor in your backyard:
- Dig the holes and set the 4”x 4” posts in the ground.
- Level the structure and secure it in place.
- Fill the holes with concrete and allow it to set.
- Attach 2”x 12” boards to the front and back with an inverted bevel cut at each end.
- Make matching cuts in the 2”x 6” rafters and toenail them in place.
- Add a trellis, made from 1” treated stock, to each end of the arbor. Treated lattice can be used as well.
- Hang a swing from the rafters for a perfect backyard retreat.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
7 Comments on “How to Build a Backyard Arbor Swing”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.