Heart Pine Flooring for the Kuppersmith Project House
By: Danny Lipford
The wood flooring in the 1926 Kuppersmith Project house was made of heart pine lumber from old growth trees, which is hard to find today. To match the floors in the addition to the existing house, heart pine boards were sawn from salvaged beams then milled into flooring.
The new flooring was stacked in the house with spacers between the bundles to allow the wood to adjust to the temperature and humidity in the house before being installed. Watch this video to find out more.
- Installing Heart Pine Flooring in Kuppersmith Project (video)
- How to Patch a Hole in a Wood Floor (video)
- How to Refinish Wood Floors (video/article)
- Problems Sanding and Refinishing Heart Pine Floors (article)
- Heart Pine from the Kuppersmith Project House (video)
- How to Choose and Install Wood Floors in Your Home (video)