960 How To Videos
How to Fix an Out of Balance Paddle Ceiling FanBy: Joe Truini
Ceilings fans that wobble are not only annoying but can be dangerous. The wobble may also decrease the life of the fan. Here are some causes and solutions to this problem:
- Check to see if the screws connecting the fan to the electrical box are tight.
- Check and tighten all of the screws on the fan.
- Check and tighten all of the screws on the blades and mounting brackets.
- Use a yardstick and measure the blades from the ceiling to check for warped blades and replace if needed.
- If your ceiling fan still wobbles, balance the blades using a blade balancing kit available at home centers.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
11 Comments on “How to Fix an Out of Balance Paddle Ceiling Fan”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.