How to Go Green in Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
In order to make the transition to eco-friendly green living, it’s best to start by increasing the energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality of your home. Some ideas include:
- Increase the amount of insulation.
- Install energy efficient windows and doors.
- Replace existing light bulbs with CFLs (compact fluorescent bulbs).
- Install a programmable thermostat on your heating/cooling system.
- Ride a bike rather than driving your car.
- Plant an organic vegetable garden in your yard.
These may seem like small changes, but they will save a great deal of energy and provide a healthier lifestyle in the long run. Watch this video to find out more.