911 How To Videos
How to Install a Garden Arbor in Your YardBy: Danny Lipford
A garden arbor creates a great focal point for your yard while providing a place for vegetation, such as vines, to grow. Vinyl garden arbor kits, such as those from Walpole Woodworkers, are easy to assemble and install.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Assemble the arbor and measure the dimensions.
- Layout and dig holes to support the arbor.
- Line the holes with concrete forms, such as Quik-Tube® forms from Quikrete, to contain the concrete and keep it from drying out too fast.
- Install treated 4” x 4” support posts inside the hollow legs using screws.
- Mix up enough concrete to fill the holes.
- Fill the holes about two thirds full.
- Install and level the garden arbor in the holes.
- Fill the holes to the top with concrete.
- Allow the concrete to harden before adding plants to your garden arbor.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.