Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Install a Pneumatic Door Closer on Your Home
If you have a problem with a door always being left open in your home, a pneumatic door closer might be just the answer. Watch this video to find out how to install one in your home. ...More
How to Install a Pneumatic Door Closer on Your HomeBy: Danny Lipford
If you have a problem with a door always being left open in your home, a pneumatic door closer might be just the answer. Residential door closers now come in a variety of styles and colors, making them more visually pleasing than their commercial counterparts.
Pneumatic door closers are easy to install. Here’s how to go about it:
- Choose a model and color that will blend in with the woodwork in your home.
- Position paper templates that comes with the closer to the door facing and door, as shown in the instructions, and hold them in place with tape.
- Drill pilot holes through the template into the door facing and door.
- Screw the door closer to the door facing.
- Screw the arm bracket to the door.
- Attach half of the closing arm to the door closer.
- Attach the other half of the closing arm to the door.
- Link the two halves of the closing arms together.
- Adjust the tension screw on the pneumatic cylinder to regulate the closing speed.
- Add the cover housing to give the residential door closer a finished look.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Adjust a Pneumatic Door Closer on a Storm Door (article)
- How to Keep a Door Fully Open (article)
- How to Add a Storm Door to Your Home (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.