Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Install Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Installing new doors on your existing kitchen cabinets can be easy if you know how. Watch this video to see all of the steps involved in this installation from measuring and ordering to installing the hinges and mounting. ...More
How to Install Kitchen Cabinet DoorsBy: Danny Lipford
Installing new doors on your existing kitchen cabinets can be easy if you know how:
- Measure and order new doors to fit your existing cabinets from a home center or cabinet shop.
- Remove the old doors and hinges from your cabinets.
- Insert the hinges in the predrilled holes in the new doors, tapping them with a mallet to secure the hardware to the door.
- Level and clamp a small piece of scrap wood below the opening to support the doors during installation.
- Use a cordless drill to screw the hinges to the cabinet frames.
- Make any adjustments to the position of the cabinet doors using the adjustment screws on the hinges.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.