How to Maintain a Bathroom Vent Fan
By: Allen Lyle
Bathroom vent fans are designed to pull moisture out of the room, but as they get older they can become noisy due to a build up of dirt and lack of lubrication. To quiet a loud fan:
- With the fan turned off, remove the fan cover, and vacuum out any dust or dirt that has become lodged in the fan.
- Lubricate the fan with silicone spray.
- Reattach the cover on the fan.
- If problems persist, buy and install a replacement unit.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Size a Bathroom Vent Fan (article)
- Bathroom Vent Fan Calculator (article)
- How to Properly Size a Bathroom Vent Fan (video)
- How to Replace a Bathroom Exhaust Fan (video)