Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Maintain a Bathroom Vent Fan
Bathroom vent fans are designed to pull moisture out of the room, but as they get older they can become noisy due to a build up of dirt and lack of lubrication. Watch this video to find out how to quiet a loud fan. ...More
How to Maintain a Bathroom Vent FanBy: Allen Lyle
Bathroom vent fans are designed to pull moisture out of the room, but as they get older they can become noisy due to a build up of dirt and lack of lubrication. To quiet a loud fan:
- With the fan turned off, remove the fan cover, and vacuum out any dust or dirt that has become lodged in the fan.
- Lubricate the fan with silicone spray.
- Reattach the cover on the fan.
- If problems persist, buy and install a replacement unit.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Size a Bathroom Vent Fan (article)
- Bathroom Vent Fan Calculator (article)
- How to Properly Size a Bathroom Vent Fan (video)
- How to Replace a Bathroom Exhaust Fan (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.