Top 50 Homeowner Challenges Videos
How to Maintain a Lawn Mower
By: Danny Lipford
To keep your lawn mower running smoothly, it’s important to maintain it properly. In the spring, perform the following maintenance on your mower:
- Replace the spark plug
- Change the oil
- Sharpen or replace the blade
- Clean or replace the air filter after every few hours of use
Watch this video to find out more.
- Lawn Mower Maintenance (article/video)
- How to Change a Lawn Mower Spark Plug (article)
- How to Change a Lawn Mower Air Filter (article)
Give your mower a tune-up before the season starts by changing the spark plug and the motor oil. While you have the spark plug unhooked, tilt the mower up and check the blade for sharpness. If it’s dull or nicked, sharpen it or replace it with a new one. Finally, because mowers stir up so much dirt, it’s a good idea during the season to change the air filter after every few hours of mowing.