Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Make Multiple Cuts on a Power Miter Saw
A stop block works great for making repetitive cuts of the same length on a power miter saw. You can also use a stop block to gang cut several pieces at the same time. Watch this video to find out more. ...More
How to Make Multiple Cuts on a Power Miter SawBy: Joe Truini
A stop block works great for making repetitive cuts of the same length on a power miter saw. You can also use a stop block to gang cut several pieces at the same time. Here’s how:
- Clamp a square cut scrap of 1/2″ plywood to the miter saw fence.
- Place a carpenter’s square on the miter saw table, and carefully align the fence so it’s square with the table.
- Stake several pieces of stock on the miter saw table, making sure they’re all in contact with the stop block.
- Hold the stock firmly against the miter saw fence.
- Turn on the miter saw and cut through all the pieces of stock at the same time.
- Choosing a Saw for Your Workshop (article)
- Understanding Power Tools (article)
- How to Make a Portable Work Table for a Miter Saw (video)
- Make Perfect Crosscuts and Rip Cuts with a Circular Saw (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.