911 How To Videos
How to Paint a Wicker ChairBy: Danny Lipford
Painting an old wicker chair is an easy DIY project that can breathe new life into old furniture. Here’s how to go about it.
- Use an air compressor to blow off all the dirt and dust from the cracks between the caning.
- Scrub the chair down with denatured alcohol to clean the surface.
- Use a hot glue gun to reattach any loose caning.
- Apply several light coats of spray paint to the chair.
- Make sure the paint has dried completely before using the chair. Directing a fan on the chair for a few hours will help speed up the drying process.
- Save any leftover paint to use for touch-up later.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.