Remove damaged area Apply adhesive Seal seams
Since vinyl flooring is soft, it’s prone to damage. To repair a damaged area:
- Cut Damaged Section: Use a utility knife and straight edge to carefully cut around the damaged section. Follow the flooring pattern to make the patch less obvious.
- Remove Damaged Section: Take out the damaged flooring section.
- Clean Subfloor: Remove any adhesive on the subfloor.
- Cut Patch: Use a utility knife and straight edge to cut a matching patch that fits the opening.
- Glue Patch: Glue the patch in place with vinyl adhesive.
- Remove Excess Glue: Clean up any excess glue with mineral spirits.
- Seal Seams: Use vinyl seam sealer to meld the patch to the original floor.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.