201 Around The Yard Videos
How to Plant Ground Cover to Prevent ErosionBy: Tricia Craven Worley
Water is good for your yard, but too much in one area can lead to erosion of the soil. To prevent erosion from occurring, install a layer of burlap before planting groundcover. Here’s how:
- Cut a piece of burlap big enough to cover the area.
- Cut evenly spaced holes in the burlap for the groundcover.
- Plant the groundcover in each hole. For this project we chose jasmine.
- Hammer wooden stakes in the burlap to hold it in place.
- After the groundcover has become established, the stakes can be removed.
Over time the burlap will decompose into the earth leaving only the plants. Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.