How to Refinish a Ceiling Fan
By: Danny Lipford
Instead of throwing an outdated ceiling fan away, consider refurbishing it. Here’s how to go about it:
- Remove the blades and metal components from the fan.
- Clean the entire fan thoroughly with denatured alcohol.
- Rub all metal surfaces with fine steel wool to allow the paint to adhere.
- Lay the metal components out on newspaper and spray with several light coats of spray paint.
- Rehang the ceiling fan.
- Reattach the blades to the ceiling fan.