954 How To Videos
How to Refinish a Ceiling FanBy: Danny Lipford
Instead of throwing an outdated ceiling fan away, consider refurbishing it. Here’s how to go about it:
- Remove the blades and metal components from the fan.
- Clean the entire fan thoroughly with denatured alcohol.
- Rub all metal surfaces with fine steel wool to allow the paint to adhere.
- Lay the metal components out on newspaper and spray with several light coats of spray paint.
- Rehang the ceiling fan.
- Reattach the blades to the ceiling fan.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.