How to Repair a Loose Towel Bar in Your Bathroom
By: Danny Lipford
Bathroom towel bars are often secured only to the drywall and not the studs. Over time pressure on the towel bar can cause it to work loose. To repair this problem:
- Loosen the set screws under the towel bar and remove it from the wall.
- Loosen the bracket screws and remove the brackets from the wall.
- Insert toggle bolts in each bracket.
- If needed, enlarge the bracket holes in the drywall with a screwdriver, and insert the toggle bolts in the holes.
- Tighten the toggle bolts so the brackets are secure.
- Mount the towel rack on the wall and tighten the set screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Hang Anything on Anything (article/video)
- Testing Wall Anchors and Picture Hangers (article)
- How to Install Wall Anchors in Drywall (video)