903 How To Videos
How to Score Lines and Apply Finish to a Concrete PatioBy: Danny Lipford
To improve the looks of a concrete patio:
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the surface with a pressure washer.
- Give the concrete character by cutting a series of shallow lines into it.
- After laying out the pattern for the lines, cut them into the concrete using a circular saw equipped with a masonry blade and using a board a guide.
- Since this can generate a lot of dust, wear a respirator while cutting.
- Apply a concrete stain or paint to seal the surface and add a touch of color.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.