Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Unclog and Clean Downspouts on Gutters
It’s important to keep your gutters and downspouts clean to prevent them from clogging. Watch this video to find out how to clean clogged downspouts so they flow freely. ...More
How to Unclog and Clean Downspouts on GuttersBy: Joe Truini
It’s important to keep your gutters clean to prevent them from clogging. Elbows in downspouts are the worst culprits, and the flexible metal cable of a plumber’s snake is the best way to clean them out. Here’s how to do it:
- Insert the end of the plumber’s snake in the downspout until it meets resistance.
- Turn the crank and work it back and forth to loosen the clog.
- Insert a garden hose in the downspout and turn on the water to flush out any debris.
- Gutter Maintenance Tips (video)
- How to Clean and Repair Gutters (article)
- Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts (video)
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “How to Unclog and Clean Downspouts on Gutters”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.