Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Use Your Finger to Plant Seeds at the Proper Depth
Planting seeds at the right depth is even more important than spacing seeds correctly. Watch this video to find out how using your finger as a guide. ...More
Planting seeds at the right depth is even more important than spacing seeds correctly. The proper depth to plant seeds varies depending on what you’re growing, but an easy way to gauge planting depth is by using your index finger as a ruler.
Index Finger Measurements:
- ½” Deep: Length of index fingernail.
- 1” Deep: Length of index finger to first knuckle
- 2” Deep: Length of index finger to second knuckle.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Quickly Space Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Plant Small Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Make Seed Tapes (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.