933 How To Videos
Installing a Built-in Medicine Cabinet in Your BathroomBy: Danny Lipford
A built-in medicine cabinet is a great addition to any bathroom. Since they are designed to fit between the existing studs in your wall, installation is easy. Here’s how to go about it:
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs and mark them on the wall.
- Draw level and plumb lines on the wall of the proper cutout size using a level.
- Cut a rectangular hole in the wall to fit the cutout size of the medicine cabinet using a drywall saw.
- slide the medicine cabinet into the wall opening.
- Attach the medicine cabinet to the studs from inside the cabinet using screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.