Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Landscaping and Deck Lattice Home Improvement Projects
See how we landscaped a steep hillside to prevent erosion, added removable latticework panels around a deck to dress up an outdoor living space, and added wiring and lighting to a workshop. Watch this video to find out more. ...More
As the winners of the Win Danny and His Crew sweepstakes from John Deere, we tackled three home improvement projects for these homeowners in New Hampshire:
- Hillside Landscaping: To prevent erosion and improve the looks of the steep hillside in front of the house, we added topsoil, rocks, plants, and mulch.
- Deck Latticework: To hide the area under the deck, we made removable, mitered frames from pressure treated lumber, then covered them with lattice to give the deck a finished look while providing space for storage.
- Workshop Wiring: To improve the usability of the homeowner’s workshop, we added an electrical outlet on the wall near the workbench and a fluorescent tube light fixture on the ceiling.
Read episode article to find out more.
- Erosion Control (video)
- How to Plant Ground Cover to Prevent Erosion (video)
- Anchoring Plants on a Steep Slope in Your Yard (video)
- How to Build a Storage Area Under a Deck (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.