Low Maintenance Vinyl and Fiber Cement Siding for Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
When siding a new home or residing an existing house, there are a number of durable and low maintenance options available. Two of the most popular are vinyl siding and fiber cement siding. Here are some innovations that make them even more attractive.
- Vinyl Siding: Advancements from Crane Siding include 6” and 7” wide panels that resist cupping, along with a more authentic looking trim that has a solid feel. Foam backing gives the vinyl siding and trim a solid feel while adding insulation value.
- Fiber Cement Siding: Long known for durability and fire resistance, fiber cement siding from James Hardie is now available with a factory applied finish. The baked on coating is available in a range of colors and is guaranteed for 15 years for peeling cracking, and chipping.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Installing Vinyl Cedar Shakes on a Gable (video)
- How to Remove Vinyl Siding (article)
- Fiber Cement Siding: A Durable Alternative (article)
- How to Install Fiber Cement Siding (article)