Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
New Roofing and Siding Materials for Your Home
Danny found some innovative new roofing, siding, and ceiling products on display at the International Builders’ Show. They include cool fiberglass roofing, synthetic slate roofing, bark siding, and an easy remove ceiling. Watch this video to find out more. ...More
New Roofing and Siding Materials for Your HomeBy: Danny Lipford
Danny found some innovative new roofing, siding, and ceiling products on display at the International Builders’ Show. They include:
- Cool Fiberglass Roofing: The Duration Premium Cool fiberglass roofing shingles from Owens Corning feature granule technology that reduce a homes roof temperature by up to 10° F.
- Synthetic Slate Roofing: The Bellaforté line of synthetic slate roofing from DaVinci Roofscapes features a self aligning design for fast installation and reduced labor costs while giving the look of real slate.
- Bark Siding: For something different, check out Timberclad Bark Siding from Barkclad Natural Products. Made from real poplar bark, this durable and low maintenance siding will bring a truly unique look to your home.
- Easy Remove Ceiling: If you’re looking for a durable, easy to take down drop ceiling for your basement or garage, check out Zip-Up Ceiling. Made from individual panels of solid PVC plastic, this ceiling is water resistant and a snap to take down and put back up for easy installation and access to plumbing or wiring.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose a Roof for Your Home (article)
- Innovative Roofing Materials for Your Home (video)
- Low Maintenance Vinyl and Fiber Cement Siding for Your Home (video)
- Specialty Ceilings for Your Home (article)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.