909 How To Videos
Oven Clean Saw BladeBy: Joe Truini
Circular saw blades can often cost as much as $20-$25 so you not only want to keep them nice and sharp but clean as well. A build up of pitch and tar can quickly dull a blade and even make it smoke when it goes through wood.
You can clean saw blades fairly quickly with ordinary oven cleaner. Make sure you’re in a well-ventilated area or even outside for this.
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil and place the saw blade on the foil.
- Using protective gloves spray both sides of the saw blade with oven cleaner.
- Wrap the blade inside the aluminum foil and let it set for about an hour.
- After the appropriate time has elapsed simply fold back the foil and using steel wool gently scrub away the grime.
- Rinse with water and allow to completely dry before storing.
- You may also apply a coat of oil to protect the blade before storing.
Please Leave a Comment
7 Comments on “Oven Clean Saw Blade”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.