Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Repair Damaged Drywall Corners
Outside corners on walls take a lot of abuse and can become dented and damaged over time. Watch this video to see how to repair damaged drywall corners. ...More
How to Repair Damaged Drywall CornersBy: Joe Truini
Outside corners on walls take a lot of abuse and can become dented and damaged over time. To repair damaged drywall corners:
- Use a hacksaw to cut through the damaged section of the metal corner bead.
- Score along the edge of the bead about 1¼” back from the corner.
- Pry the corner bead off the wall.
- Cut a new piece of drywall corner to fit.
- Nail the corner bead in place.
- Apply several coats of joint compound to the repair, allowing adequate drying time between each coat.
- Sand the joint compound smooth.
- Prime and paint the repaired section of wall.
For more on working with wallboard, see our article on How to Cut and Hang Drywall.
Please Leave a Comment
4 Comments on “How to Repair Damaged Drywall Corners”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.