Solid PVC Building Materials for Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
Solid or cellular PVC (polyvinyl chloride) building materials for your home, such as those manufactured by Fypon, can be cut to size and shaped just like solid wood. The advantages of solid PVC materials include:
- Solid cellular PVC is available in a variety of sizes and styles from beadboard to large sheets.
- Solid PVC won’t rot or absorb water.
- Solid PVC can be used unfinished or painted.
- Solid PVC can be cut and shaped using standard woodworking tools.
- Solid PVC can be glued together using PVC cement.
- Solid PVC can be milled to create decorative railings.
- Solid PVC is smooth on one side and has a wood grain texture on the other to achieve almost any look.
- Solid PVC is solid throughout so it can be routed without unwanted color changes.
- Though solid PVC is not strong enough to support a structural load, such as a column, it can be used to wrap around a structural support to hide it.
Watch this video to find out more.