921 How To Videos
Paint Splatter GuardBy: Joe Truini
If you have a sizable paint job around your home you may consider buying your paint in a 5-gallon bucket. There are definitely advantages of doing this: you won’t have so many individual cans to carry around, and it’s more economical. The problem is that it is harder to mix the paint when it’s in a large container.
Many homeowners will attempt to use a mechanical mixer but end up with more paint on their clothes and on the floor than anywhere else. Here’s how to go about it without making a mess:
- Buy an extra lid to fit the paint bucket.
- Drill a hole in the center of the lid with a 7/8″ diameter bit.
- Remove the lid from the paint can and replace it with the modified lid.
- Thread a paint mixer through the hole.
- Chuck the mixer shaft into a drill.
- Put the lid on the paint can and mix.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.